|Home showing Building Sewer (aka Side Sewer)|
Seattle Public Utilities notes common sources of sewer problems:
● Tree roots can penetrate older clay pipes. Modern side sewer pipes are heavy duty, water-tight plastic which last much longer.
● Grease can contribute greatly to sewer problems. Prevent grease, fat, oil, wax and other debris from
going down the drain by scraping them into the trash. Do not put these kinds of materials into your garbage
disposal. It can cause blockages in the sewer system, which can lead to backups.
● The grade (slope) of your private side sewer can also impact how well your sewer lines function. If the slope is too gradual, you may encounter more frequent blockages. To learn about required slope for side
sewers, call 206-684-5362.
● Sometimes, private side sewers are joined with neighboring properties before they connect to the city’s
sewer main. Any unusual bends, curves or connections can lead to sewer problems. A blockage in one section of a joint or shared side sewer line can cause backups to neighboring properties.
● Under rare circumstances, heavy storm-related events can result in backups in some areas with a combined sewer/drainage system. If you suspect that extreme rainfall is causing a sewer backup, call SPU’s 24-hour emergency number at 206-386-1800.
● To learn more about the City of Seattle's Side Sewer codes, permits, registered contractors and Director's
Rules visit http://www.seattle.gov/dpd/permits/side_sewer_program/Overview/or call 206-684-5362.
Seattle plumbing and drain contractors include:
6056 California Ave SW, Seattle, WA, United States
+1 425-455-0560 · oneillplumbing.com
Jim Dandy Sewer & Plumbing
903 N 128th St, Seattle, WA, United States
+1 206-633-1141 · jimdandysewer.com
Fox Plumbing & Heating
7501 2nd Ave S, Seattle, WA, United States
+1 206-654-4990 · foxph.com
kitchen faucet · sump pump · garbage disposal · excellent job · tankless water heater
1115 NW 51st St, Seattle, WA, United States
+1 206-783-4129 · fischerplumbing.com
4.212 reviews ·
water leak · water damage · furnace repair · really appreciate · sewer line
South West Plumbing
2401 SW Alaska St, Seattle, WA, United States
+1 206-932-1777 · southwestplumbing.biz
sewer line · excellent customer service · heater · water leak · hot water tank
Bob Oates Sewer & Rooter
600 W Nickerson St, Seattle, WA, United States
+1 206-789-4944 · boboates.com
plumbing issues · plumbing company · garbage disposal · sewage
Raymark Plumbing & Sewer
10710 Lake City Way NE, Seattle, WA, United States
+1 206-440-9077 · raymarkplumbing.com
hot water tanks · pipe bursting · local plumber · heaters
Stalwart Plumbing Inc
618 NW 86th St, Seattle, WA, United States
+1 206-784-3747 · stalwartplumbing.com
Alligator Sewer & Drain
Ballard, Seattle, WA, United States
+1 206-784-3552 · alligatorsewer.com
Pioneer Plumbing & Heating
2400 NW 80th St, Seattle, WA, United States
+1 206-789-8029 · pioneerplumbing.biz